The Electrical Board of Missouri and Illinois members continue their involvement in community activities each year. We are proud to have assisted the following organizations….
Make plans to help out this year….. with the following Community Projects. Call EBMI office, 636/305-6434 or email email@example.com for more details.
Saturday, October 20, 2018 – Barbecue at VA Medical Center – JB – 10 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – EBMI members, their family members AND industry associates serve food/drinks to the veterans and assist them to the gym area. It’s a wonderful way to honor 80-100 wonderful veterans. We thank those volunteers below who helped at this event (and to those missing from the picture but were in attendance or donated items.) If you would like to join us each October, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHRISTMAS MIXER SUPPORT of Feed My Peeps – About 3,300 cans of food have been donated since 2015 Mixer.
December 5, 2018 – Christmas Mixer – St. Charles Convention Center – “TWO HANDS, TWO CANS” Food drive to benefit Feed My Peeps. Over 2,300 canned goods were brought to the Christmas Mixer for this organization. Thanks to all who donated!
*Salvation Army –
Since 1975, EBMI members/guests have donated over $84,000 to the red kettles on their tables at our December Christmas Party.
When tornadoes hit Joplin and St. Louis area, we established a special contest at our Sportsman’s Holiday and since then, golfers have contributed over $1200 to Salvation Army’s Disaster Relief efforts.
*Salvation Army and American Red Cross –
After Hurricane Katrina , we challenged our members to donate to both of these worthwhile causes and they came through….many by matching their employees contributions as well. Others sent products and food/drinks to assist. We asked our members to let us know their companies total contributions were and it was over 12 million dollars. Of course, many of our companies are national, so their contributions included all of their company.
*VA Medical Center –
Since 2004, the EBMIVets group of EBMI has coordinated barbecues for the Veterans, providing food/drinks for 80-100 veterans in the fall. They also have hosted several movie nights at the VA Medical Center for the veterans.
At our Sportsman’s Holiday Golf Event (since 2004) EBMI members/guests have donated over $8,000 to help EBMIVets provide their annual barbecue to veterans at VA Medical Center each year.
*EBMI participated with a float recognizing our veterans in the Welcome Home Parade for Veterans in St. Louis in January, 2012.
EBMI’s previous years’ commitment to community organizations:
- Adopt a Highway
- American Cancer Society
- Children’s Miracle Network
- Ronald McDonald House
MAKING A DIFFERENCE – Women’s Electrical Board’s Involvement in Community
Ongoing programs each year:
Ronald McDonald House – since 1995 – providing brunch in October and barbecue in summer for families of children at the two area children’s hospitals.
Christmas Family Program – since 1994 – providing donations (toys, food, clothing, gift cards, etc.) to various charities selected by the Volunteer Coordinator of the Christmas Family Program each year.
- Cardinal Ritter Senior Services – 2017
- H.E.R.O.E.S. Care – 2016
- The Little Bit Foundation – 2015
- Sweet Celebrations – 2014
- USO – 2013 –
- Camp Rainbow – 2012
- Friends of Kids with Cancer – 2011
- Women in Transition – 2010
- “Boys Hope/Girls Hope” Christmas Program – 2009 –
- “Christian Activity Center in East St. Louis, IL” -2008
- Youth In Need” Christmas Program – 2007
- Ronald McDonald House Christmas Program – 2006
- Shoeboxes for VA Medical Center – 2005 & 2004
- St. Agnes Nursing Home- Shoeboxes with gifts – 2003
- Cori Manor Nursing Home – Shoeboxes with gifts – 2002
- Operation Christmas Child – 2001
- St. Louis Crisis Nursery – 2000
- Southside Catholic Community Services – 1999
- St. Louis Crisis Nursery – 1998
- Boys Hope/Girls Hope – 1997
- Women’s Safe House Program – 1996
- “The Secret Santa” Program with Suburban Journals- gifts for over 20 children – 1995
- Sponsored Family from Mo. Div. of Family Services – 1994
WEB’s past community participation involvement:
- Collecting coats/blankets for the Homeless
- Children’s Miracle Network – provided volunteers for their sports challenge for 3 years
- St. Louis Olympic Festival – provided volunteers for this event
- St. Stephen’s Food Pantry – donated canned goods for local food pantry.
- Lydia’s House – provided personal items and made small baskets to give each woman at the House.
- Women’s Support Group (abuse support) – Held an auction to benefit this group at our February meeting. We raised $4,600 for Women’s Support.
- American Cancer Society – Held auction to benefit the American Cancer Society and raised $3,315 for ACS-Breast Cancer Division.