Start your Holiday Season by joining over 550 industry associates at this festive event. Many companies order tables for this event and ask their customers/suppliers. Individual tickets are also available.
The entertainment is provided by a Funmaster that has included Dan Dierdorf, Jack Buck, Joe Buck and John Rooney to name a few. There are attendance prizes given away and a jackpot drawing that benefits the EBMI Foundation.
Since this is the season of giving, we are collecting canned food for “Feed My Peeps” a 501(c)3 organization. (See more info below)
(2018 DATE HAS NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED.)
Mark your calendar now for our next Christmas Mixer at the Chase Park Plaza Hotel on WEDNESDAY, December 6, 2017. Randy Karraker is the MC for 2017. Table/ticket information was sent out in late October, but if you need to order tickets, please email email@example.com or call the EBMI Office at 636-305-6434 for ticket information.
Christmas Mixer Information:
Many times, guests indicate to EBMI staff that they were not notified about parking options (very
important as coupons may be needed pending their location), times, and other important details. Since we
cannot send to all guests, we ask each person making table reservations to forward this to YOUR guests to
assist them BEFORE the Christmas Mixer as it makes your guests/customers’ experience a lot more enjoyable.
Don’t forget to remind them about our community projects…”Two Hands, Two Cans” and Salvation Army.
READ CAREFULLY as Chase Hotel’s valet & parking garage need discount
coupons to receive prices shown below. EACH driver needs to pick up coupon at EBMI registration
table at the Mixer (same coupon used for both) if using valet or Chase Garage self-park ONLY
Valet Parking Price – $13 (if you have discount coupon) – Is only available at Kingshighway entrance. Begins at 10:45 a.m. Monies collected as you EXIT.
Other Parking Options
- Chase Park Plaza Garage – $7 (ONLY if you have discount coupon) – Pass Chase Hotel on Kingshighway make right to enter on Maryland Avenue. **Chase Garage has a TWO ticket system and IS COMPLETELY AUTOMATED. Payment can ONLY be done by credit card!! You have to put the original ticket back in on the way out, then insert the discounted ticket (that you will pick up at Mixer), then pay by credit card.
NO discount coupons needed for the following two parking options (#2 and #3):
- Surface Lot across the street from Chase Hotel on Lindell – Not sure on cost..may collect monies as you enter.
- Argyle Garage – $1/hour (or fraction thereof) – Enter from Lindell after Chase Hotel or Euclid by library.
- Opens -11:00 a.m. – closes promptly at 2:30 p.m. so make sure to get your coats before this time.
- Located to the right of Khorassan Room as you enter from Lindell entrance. Not downstairs.
- EBMI is NOT responsible for items left in coat room.
- ONLY those that need to purchase tickets that day will need to check in at Registration Table. If you or person you are meeting has your ticket(s), then head directly to Lindell Ballroom DOWNSTAIRS for hospitality
- Registration table will NOT have badges or markers….please go directly downstairs.
BADGES ARE ATTACHED TO YOUR TICKETS. Badges are optional.
- To save YOU time, please print your name badge BEFORE you arrive and advise your guests to do the same. It’s the blank badge next to each ticket.
- Table# is located on each ticket. If person in charge of table decides to keep all tickets, please make sure to let your guests know in advance your table#, so if they do not arrive on time, they can find you in Khorassan Room.
- ONLY Board of Directors, Past Chairs of EBMI and Mixer Committee will have badges issued on table downstairs. All others are responsible for printing their own badges.
- Markers/extra badges are available only DOWNSTAIRS that day.
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon DOWNSTAIRS IN LINDELL BALLROOM
Cash bars open downstairs at 11:00 a.m.; No cashiers, so go directly to 8 bar areas.
- Take stairs to the right or escalator to left off Lindell entrance right away to go downstairs upon arrival … unless you need coat check FIRST, which is near the Khorassan Ballroom.
- Bars downstairs will close PROMPTLY at 12:00 NOON even if people are in line. So, if it’s 11:45 a.m., you may want to head upstairs to bars in Khorassan Room.
- Credit cards may be used only at two bars. Please go to the FAR RIGHT as you enter Lindell Ballroom if wanting to use credit cards for drinks. They will NOT run a tab, but will need to run it each time. All others are cash only. They can accept credit cards upstairs at bar too.
- Drink prices are: $6.00-mixed drinks; $5.00-wine; $4.00-beer; $3.00-soda.
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. UPSTAIRS IN KHORASSAN ROOM
- Make sure to head upstairs early to avoid crowds later and bars closing downstairs at noon.
- Bars will stay open through 2:30 p.m. in Khorassan Room.
- Reminder: Coat check closes promptly at 2:30 p.m.
- Benefits EBMI Scholarship Foundation
- EBMI volunteers and the Miss Santas will be selling jackpot tickets so please purchase tickets from them. Several prizes will be awarded at the end of the luncheon. If you must leave, please give your tickets to a co-worker.
- Tickets are NOT available from the jackpot table…ONLY from Miss Santas and helpers.
- This money helps to support the EBMI Scholarship Foundation which awards scholarships to sons/daughters of EBMI members. Since 1990, we have given away 156 scholarships totaling $136,900.
12:00 noon-Bars Close Downstairs — Proceed Upstairs to Khorassan Room for 12:15 p.m. Lunch Mixer Program will follow lunch; Adjournment approximately 2:00 p.m.
Two Hands – Two Cans
LET’S SHOW THE “CAN DO” SPIRIT OF THE ELECTRICAL INDUSTRY BY PROVIDING FOOD FOR “FEED MY PEEPS”, a 501(c)3 organization
- With 600 in attendance, if everyone attending brought 2 cans of food, we could help this organization feed a lot of people within our local community. (In addition to canned foods, they can use peanut butter, jelly, granola bars and cereal too. Please NO glass jars.)
- Their truck will be parked on the Lindell side of the Chase from 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. only. As you enter from Lindell, you can drop off the cans at the truck, BEFORE heading inside for hospitality.
- Those entering from Kingshighway entrance may place their cans on table ACROSS from EBMI registration table.
Volunteers will then transfer these cans to the truck during the luncheon.
- Why not ask others from your company to donate canned food, even if they don’t attend the Mixer!!
- We have supported this charity at the Mixer each year by having canisters on the tables. Even giving $1 can go a long way in helping those in need. Please give generously.
- Planning to donate $10 or more? Do NOT put your donation in the canisters. We will let you know later of details regarding these donations. Still waiting on information from Salvation Army, but will send more information with tickets in late November.
- We hope to be able to award one prize per table, but this will depend on number of donated prizes.
- Donors bringing attendance prize gifts to Mixer should go to EBMI Registration upon arrival to drop off donation.
- When you are first seated, please ask your guests to fill out the white attendance cards on your table. WE NEED THIS DONE AS SOON AS YOU SIT DOWN, as volunteers will be collecting them right after the invocation.
- Also, if you want your guests/customers to receive a prize, but not yourself or others in your company, then please do NOT fill out a prize card for yourself, but gather the guests cards only and put them in a group before the volunteers arrive at your table.
- Any cards NOT done when volunteers collect them in the BEGINNING OF THE MIXER will NOT be included in drawing since our volunteers have to distribute these prizes DURING LUNCH.
- A complete list of donors will be on each table, but not announced from podium. We thank all members who donate $25 or a prize.
ATM Machine is on lower level, below Café Eau (now called the Chase Club)
Our 2nd Section will be held in the back of the Khorassan Room (providing our tables fit comfortably in the room) until about 2:30 p.m. This will serve as our 2nd Section. There will be no entertainment in this area, but two bars will be available for your convenience. This will allow you to take time to visit with customers, while waiting for the crowd to disperse. Or you may head to Café Eau (now called the Chase Club) in the Chase as well. Please make sure to drink responsibly if staying later. If you are having out of town manufacturers or guests, you need to contact the Reservations Department directly, who can offer the best available rate when you call…. 314/633-3014 or 1/877-587-2427.