Each year, the Holiday Season starts off early with over 500 industry associates participating at this festive event. Many companies order tables for this event and ask their customers/suppliers. Individual tickets are also available.
The entertainment is provided by a Funmaster that has included Dan Dierdorf, Jack Buck, Joe Buck, John Rooney (to name a few) and several comedians. There are attendance prizes given away and a jackpot drawing that benefits the EBMI Foundation.
Since this is the season of giving, we collect canned food for “Feed My Peeps” a 501(c)3 organization and monetary donations for the Salvation Army. (See more info below)
Mark your calendar now for the Christmas Mixer in December. St. Charles Convention Center. Table/ticket information is always sent out in late October, but if you need to order tickets, please email [email protected] or call the EBMI Office at 636-305-6434 for ticket information.
Christmas Mixer Information:
Many times, guests indicate to EBMI staff that they were not notified about parking options, times, and other important details. Since we
cannot send to all guests, we ask each person making table reservations to forward this to YOUR guests to
assist them BEFORE the Christmas Mixer as it makes your guests/customers’ experience a lot more enjoyable.
Don’t forget to remind them about our community projects…”Two Hands, Two Cans” and Salvation Army.
St. Charles Convention Center (as many of you know from our Expos) has free parking outside the exhibit hall. We will hold the Mixer in the same location as the Expo, so parking is free and convenient.
- Opens -11:00 a.m. – closes promptly at 2:30 p.m. so make sure to get your coats before this time.
- Location will be to the right as you enter the main entrance to the hall. Please view signage upon arrival.
- EBMI is NOT responsible for items left in coat room.
- ONLY those that need to purchase tickets that day will need to check in at Registration Table. If you or person you are meeting has your ticket(s), then you can just mingle and enjoy upon arrival.
- Registration table will NOT have badges or markers….please see signage for badge tables (if needed).
BADGES ARE ATTACHED TO YOUR TICKETS. Badges are optional.
- To save YOU time, please print your name badge BEFORE you arrive and advise your guests to do the same. It’s the blank badge next to each ticket.
- Table# is located on each ticket. If person in charge of table decides to keep all tickets, please make sure to let your guests know in advance your table#, so if they do not arrive on time, they can find you in the Exhibit Hall.
- ONLY Board of Directors, Past Chairs of EBMI and Mixer Committee will have badges issued at badge table. All others are responsible for printing their own badges.
- Markers/extra badges are available at badge table, but to save YOU time…make sure to have yours done before arriving!
11:00 a.m. – 12:10 pm
Cash bars open at several bars to the right of the entrance at 11:00 a.m.; No cashiers, so go directly to 8 bar areas.
- Bars will close PROMPTLY at 12:10 pm even if people are in line, so we can get everyone seated for program to begin promptly.
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. EXHIBIT HALL
- Bars will stay open through 2:30 p.m.
- Reminder: Coat check closes promptly at 2:30 p.m.
- Those wishing to meet afterwards may want to visit the Streets of St. Charles area or downtown St. Charles.
- Benefits EBMI Scholarship Foundation
- EBMI volunteers will be selling jackpot tickets so please purchase tickets from them. Several prizes will be awarded at the end of the luncheon. If you must leave, please give your tickets to a co-worker.
- Tickets are NOT available from the jackpot table…ONLY from Santas helpers.
- This money helps to support the EBMI Scholarship Foundation which awards scholarships to sons/daughters of EBMI members. Since 1990, we have given away 163 scholarships totaling $143,900.
12:00 noon-Bars Close — Proceed into exhibit hall for 12:15 p.m. Lunch Mixer Program will follow lunch; Adjournment approximately 2:00 p.m.
Two Hands – Two Cans
LET’S SHOW THE “CAN DO” SPIRIT OF THE ELECTRICAL INDUSTRY BY PROVIDING FOOD FOR “FEED MY PEEPS”, a 501(c)3 organization
- With 550 in attendance, if everyone attending brought 2 cans of food, we could help this organization feed a lot of people within our local community. (In addition to canned foods, they can use peanut butter, jelly, granola bars and cereal too. Please NO glass jars.)
- Their truck will be parked at the entrance to the Convention Center from 11:00 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. only. Please drop off the cans at the truck, BEFORE heading inside for hospitality. Why not ask others form your company to donate canned food, even if they don’t attend the Mixer!
- Because of generosity of our members/guests in 2019, we donated 966 cans from Mixer attendees. In addition, Mixer Chair 2019 Tim McDonnell of Metro Electric Supply challenged other distributors in the first “Stanley Can” Challenge to help Feed My Peeps. Special thanks to these 4 local distributors who accepted the challenge: Butler Supply, Graybar Electric, Holt Electrical Supplies and Metro Electric providing an additional 4,801 canned goods. Total given was 4,801 cans. What a great response exceeding any of the other previous totals! Holt Electrical Supplies won the “Stanley Can” for 2019 with their donation of 1700 cans. Feed My Peeps already had the cans being delivered by these distributors to the local needy the next day.
- We have supported this charity at the Mixer each year by having canisters on the tables. Even giving $1 can go a long way in helping those in need. Please give generously. In 2018, over $2,300 was donated to this organization.
- We hope to be able to award one prize per table, but this will depend on number of donated prizes.
- Donors bringing attendance prize gifts to Mixer should go to EBMI Registration upon arrival to drop off donation.
- When you are first seated, please ask your guests to fill out the white attendance cards on your table. WE NEED THIS DONE AS SOON AS YOU SIT DOWN, as volunteers will be collecting them right after the invocation.
- Also, if you want your guests/customers to receive a prize, but not yourself or others in your company, then please do NOT fill out a prize card for yourself, but gather the guests cards only and put them in a group before the volunteers arrive at your table.
- Any cards NOT done when volunteers collect them in the BEGINNING OF THE MIXER will NOT be included in drawing since our volunteers have to distribute these prizes DURING LUNCH.
- A complete list of donors will be on each table, but not announced from podium. We thank all members who donate $25 or a prize.
ATM Machine is on located on upper level of convention center. Need to take escalators at far end to 2nd level, make right and will see this on your left.
Bars will remain open ONLY until 2:30 p.m. This will serve as our 2nd Section. There will be no entertainment in this area, but two bars will be available for your convenience. This will allow you to take time to visit with customers, while waiting for the crowd to disperse. Please make sure to drink responsibly. If you are having out of town manufacturers or guests, you can contact Embassy Suites for rooms, but there are no special rates, since most of our group are local.